Photocredit: Jack Gardner Photography
Known for its breathtaking views, endless adventure and entertainment for all ages, WaterColor is a favorite vacation getaway for families. There are nearly 500 acres dedicated to natural beauty and preservation in WaterColor offering natural trails, parks, and – of course – beachside activities for you and your family to explore.
One of its most appealing characteristics is the expert planning of this “new urban” community. Filled with luxurious accommodations, a diverse mix of restaurants and plenty of indoor entertainment, there is something for everyone here. The award-winning community is known for its perfect balance of indoor and outdoor adventures, including appetizing restaurants, a potpourri of shops and a magnificent natural landscape.
Here are some fun activities that are fit for all ages to add to your WaterColor itinerary for your next vacation to 30A:
1. Explore Western Lake. Western Lake has a great deal of scenic beauty and natural elements to enjoy. Stroll around the Timpoochee Trail or go on the water in a canoe, kayak or stand up paddle board. Make sure to snap a family photo on the bridge over Western Lake; continue on by foot or by bike to Grayton Beach State Park.
2. Dine in a family-friendly restaurant. Most eateries in the area cater to families because WaterColor is known as a family-friendly beach neighborhood. Here are a few well-known dining spots in WaterColor:
• The BeachClub Grille at the WaterColor Inn & Resort Beach Club – perfect for a casual and delicious lunch
• Pizza by the Sea for fresh-baked pizza pies
• Fish out of Water – has a romantic but casual feel
• The Gathering Spot – where parents can splurge on oysters and steaks and kids can enjoy items from the kids menu.
• Wine World – welcomes all ages and offers a upscale wine bar, groceries and a separate family space.
3. Relax in Cerulean Park. Cerulean Park is a beautiful, well-manicured green park. Kids will love the thriving butterfly community while grown-ups will enjoy the shaded walkways and wide footpaths.
4. Spend the day shopping. WaterColor boasts a number of boutiques and shops for you to enjoy looking for the perfect souvenir, kid’s toy, accessory or outfit. Check out Little Red for one-of-a-kind children’s clothing, Fuss Boutique for a stylish women’s ensemble, and The WaterColor Store for family t-shirts and souvenirs.
5. Plan your wedding or next anniversary celebration. WaterColor is the perfect romantic getaway. There are wonderful venues for a wedding, vow renewal ceremony or other important event. Find your perfect spot on sugar-white stretches of sand, quaint gardens surrounded with color or amazing venue with stunning architecture. You’ll love the area’s picturesque beaches and turquoise water, dining, shopping, golfing and outdoor fun.
Exclusive 30A offers incredible luxury accommodations in WaterColor and nearby areas. See our vacation rentals here: http://www.exclusive30a.com/rentals/. Now you can book your vacation through our website using our online booking application. Once you’ve found your property and selected the date range, just click on “Book Now” to continue the online booking process.